Pages

Thursday, October 6, 2011

my first..

Pondok Bambu,

It's been a while I didn't post, so hiiiiii !! :)
I went actually to another town to do something sooo interesting I've never ever done in life. CLIMBING ! I didn't have any idea before that I would do that activity without any preparation: preparing important things (sleeping bag, hiking shoes, etc), and jogging !! Gosh I didn't realize when my friend said to me "But you have to jog or run at least 3 days before the D day, okay?" And I did something stupid I didn't even sleep the night before the climbing day and of course I didn't make any exercise! -.-'
This climbing idea came from a friend. Actually she asked me to go to beach together with her friends in 2 two weeks ahead. And she told me to climb a mountain without any consideration to invite me about her plan in that weekend because she did once and I refused it. I didn't know what crossed in my mind but I said to her directly: "Can I go with you?? "
Eccomi !! In a town called Wonosobo in the Central of Java island. I arrived a day before and slept in my friend's grandparents' house. The morning after my friend and I went to meet other friends in the bus station. We rented a bus to go to the foothill. The mountain called Sindoro and located in Central Java. Its height is about 3000 m above sea level. I don't have idea whether it's a great mountain or no. I had only an 'ambition' to do it in my head. ^^
So we were 17 persons started our day to reach the top of the mountain. We started at 10 am and arrived 6 hours later more or less. I can say overall I climbed without much big obstacles. It was tiring but it was okay. At least for me the beginner one. ;D

 
When  I arrived on the top. All I can say is it was like a p a r a d i s e (if it exists and its image is just like people always think). The clouds are so close to us. It was like we can reach them with our hands and sleep on them. Or in my deepest imagination it looked like cotton candies !! The sunset was amazing plus we could see four mountains in Central Java altogether around it.
 
In the night we could see a very very beautiful sky. A thousand stars above us!! I've never seen so many stars like that in my life even in planetariums.
We stayed in tents and we did have fun together. It's always a great experience for me to know new persons (I knew only 1 person among 16 people by the way). I spent time in other friends' tent. When I came back to my tent I saw that my sleeping bag (I rented it in the end -,-) was already used by a friend. So I looked for a sleeping bag which wasn't used. I found it but it was so thin !! I slept inside it anyway because I was so tired and there was no more sleeping bag. In the morning I woke up at 5:30 am and I missed the sunrise but it was okay because the 'rest' of that beautiful sunrise still could be seen for a couple of minutes.


It was so freaking cold !! I felt already that I was a little bit sick. I think the weather got me down. :(


We went down at 8 am. After walked down for about 500 m I felt down because of the slippery soil. It was so sandy ( I used Converse by the way because I didn't have any climbing shoes).
After that first "falling down" moment I can't remember anymore how many times I did it again and again. I thought I could never go down in that day because once I felt down and could not stand up anymore. My legs couldn't do it. Thanks to all the people on the mountain I met and gave me helps. But a super duper big thanks to 2 persons who helped me until the end to reach the base camp : Imam and Hendra. :') It is so touchy when people help you even though you barely know them. Something I learned is people on mountain are so friendly with others and faithful. ^______^

It took 5 days before my friend's and also my legs became normal. But I don't know for how long we have to wait until our sunburn healed !! My skin still has not quit peeling off until now (I'm still peeling it off my self). Ouff !!
Anyhoooo I'm happy to do my first climbing experience. One day I would like to do it again. With better preps of course ! ;)




Happy  Journey !

No comments:

Post a Comment